Friday, April 21, 2017

Shofuso Assignment- due by Mon. April 24


It's my first time to sit on a tamami mat. Completely different from the softness of sitting on a carpet, the tatami mat makes me want to sit straight when people are around and lie down comfortably when I am alone. This dual feeling may come from the rice straws as the main material for making tamami mats. Rice straws give off that fresh scent which reminds me of my childhood in the countryside of China. Sitting on the mat lowers my vision and draws me down to earth, making me feel like I am part of the nature, as the traditional wooden house makes a maximum exposure to the beautiful scenery outside. I like that feeling. I like to be inside the house. I also like to be outside and gaze at the moss on its roof.

Pictures to be submitted for the contest:










No comments:

Post a Comment